Note the tube was built Feb 16, 2011. This means that when the tube was installed it was 8 ½ months old.
When it started failing in mid-Feb 2012 it was over 1 year old, even though it only had 80 hours of actual activation since being installed on Oct 31, 2011.
Some of the failure mechanisms we’ve heard mentioned include:
- Electrode erosion (due to excessive current)
- Optical failures (mirror or exit window)
- Leakage (degradation of resin seals)
- Out-gassing (contamination of gas in tube mainly by seals)
- Exhaustion (change in gas chemistry, notably CO2 into CO)
This gallery contains 6 photos.
This is a test posted from Windows Live Writer. Technorati Tags: Laser,Optics,ZnSe The Epilog Legend EXT optics head.
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.